PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR REPRESENTATION
Patrick Mahoney is the principal of the Boise, Idaho law firm, Mahoney Law, PLLC, and has practiced law in Idaho for over two decades. He is admitted to practice before all the courts of Idaho, as well as the Ninth Circuit. In other venues, Mr. Mahoney was admitted on a pro hac vice basis in Texas state court in an accounting malpractice case against a big five accounting firm, and he also represented clients from Washington, Idaho, and Nevada in national federal multi-district pharmaceutical litigation venued in Florida.
Patrick graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science where he was a member of the National Political Honor Society. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho, College of Law, where he served on the Executive Board of the Idaho Law Review and was its Fall Edition Editor. While at the College of Law, Patrick received American Jurisprudence Awards in Contracts and Constitutional Law. He also clerked for a large Houston, Texas law firm involved in the defense of major, catastrophic injury cases and complex commercial litigation.
Patrick was selected for listing in the 2016 Mountain States Super Lawyers magazine's medical malpractice section. Only an elite few of a state's lawyers are so recognized. Patrick is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates forum as well as a member of the-invitation-only national trial lawyers group, The American Trial Lawyer's Association.
Professional Standing & Affiliations
- Served as law clerk to two Idaho trial judges, the Honorable D. Duff McKee and the Honorable Alan M. Schwartzman, Fourth Judicial District, Idaho (1995-96)
- Member, Idaho State Bar for 19 years; 2008 recipient of the Idaho State Bar's Denise O'Donnell-Day Pro Bono Award
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association: Eagle Member and two terms as Public Relations Chair for the Board of Directors, (2005-06, 2006-07), member of Governmental Relations Committee, recipient of Champion for Civil Justice Award, 2007; 2010 Board Member, American Association for Justice Delegate
- Member, American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and The American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Two terms with the American Inns of Court, Inn No. 130, Boise, Idaho
- Presenter on a variety of topics at continuing legal and paralegal education courses in Idaho, including seminars on personal injury law, product liability claims, and mock juries and focus groups
- Contributing author, Gaining the Best Settlement in Auto Injury Cases, National Business Institute, July 2007; Co-Presenter, Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, Lorman Education, September 2007
- Author, Delayed Assent to Motorist Blood Alcohol Testing, Idaho Law Review, Vol. 31-1, Fall 1994
- American Association for Justice's Litigating Medical Negligence Cases Seminar, Phoenix, Arizona, January, 2009, and Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 2010.
- Mahoney Law, PLLC is a member of the Boise and Meridian Chambers of Commerce. The firm is a proud supporter of Idaho M.A.D.D. and Idaho Partners Against Domestic Violence. Mahoney Law, PLLC is an Idaho Better Business Bureau accredited firm.
- Mr. Mahoney completed a three-year term, from 2006 through 2008, on the elected Vestry (Board of Directors) of St. Michael's Episcopal Cathedral in downtown Boise. He coached his children's youth soccer teams through the Meridian Police Activities League ("P.A.L."). He is a member of the United States Golf Association, and enjoys skiing, and golf here in Idaho.
In October of 2006, the Idaho Supreme Court upheld the District Court in favor of Mr. Mahoney's client in Marchand v. Jem Sportswear, Inc., 147 P.3d 90 (Idaho 2006), a product liability claim. In 2000, Mr. Mahoney was appointed special deputy attorney general for the State of Idaho for representation of State Insurance Fund in Selkirk Seed Co. v. State Insurance Fund, reported in 135 Idaho 649, 22 P.3d 1028 (2000). He successfully argued to the Idaho Supreme Court on behalf of the State Insurance Fund in this case of alleged insurance bad faith. Most recently, Mr. Mahoney's client was one of five family members to share in a $6 million medical malpractice jury verdict, upheld by the Idaho Supreme Court in Jones, et al. v. B&B Autotransfusion, et al., 2009 Opinion 16, January 30, 2009.
For examples of Patrick’s settlements and jury trial victories, visit our experience section. Also, please visit our official blog, surveying verdicts, settlements, and legal news of national interest. Official Blog of Mahoney Law, PLLC